Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Snickedydoo

We haven't had a good recipe in a while! Too much running and not enough cookies. And that, dear readers, is why I'm the only person on earth who can run 12 miles a week and GAIN weight.

Uh-oh, my secret is out. I'm a compulsive baker. The solution is this: I need to get to know my neighbors better so I can share the cookies with them. If Joe will let them get out of his sight. This is one of his favorite cookies and Minnie loves to make them with me.

Snickerdoodles...
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 cup white flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp raw sugar

Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine sugars and margarine, beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, blend well. Add flours, tartar, soda and salt, mix well. You should have a stiff dough, add more flour if you don't.

In a small bowl, combine the 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Leave the raw sugar in a small bowl of its own. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar. Press the top of the ball into the raw sugar and place on greased cookie sheet, sugar-side-up.

If you believe it, Minnie rolled out half of these cookies herself and I can't tell which are hers and which are mine. She is quite a little baker.

Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. I like mine warm with ice-cold milk.

4 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

You're evil. That is all.
-Jessica

Hannah said...

I am glad you aren't my neighbor or I would be 300 pounds. Yum!!

Heather said...

Have you ever had them iced? Not at all slightly healthy, but, yummy goodness!

Eric and Andrea said...

Oh, these are one of Eric's favorites!! I will definately be trying out this recipe!!

Thanks! They look SOOO yummy!!!