Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Waiting for my new toy

I'm not much of a gadget person. I don't need the newest and fanciest cell phone. I still have my old 2G iPod Nano and I love it. I never hopped on the PDA bandwagon. But some people in our Wasatch Back van had this cool GPS watch and it made me really want one. And since we have an anniversary coming up, we decided to buy one to share.



While you're running, the watch will calculate your instantaneous speed, the distance you've run and calorie consumption. Cool right? Even better, you can download the information from each workout into their online trainer. It's in the mail right now and I'm excited to use it when it gets here!

UPDATE: Sorry Becca, I did forget to post a link. I'm getting the Garmin Forerunner 205. There are lots of types to choose from but I read some reviews in Runner's World and online and this one sounded like the best fit for us. Also I just checked the UPS tracking number and it's out for delivery!!!! Soon.... so soon.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE mine! You will get so addicted to looking at your pace! I ran after dark on the 4th and was going crazy because I couldn't see it! The only thing that bugs me is it has every possible thing that you could ask for except for what time it is!

Becca Jo said...

What? no link! I want one! ;)