Monday, July 13, 2009

Early morning running

Lately I've been running in the afternoon while the kids rest/nap. I fire up the treadmill, put in Scrubs on DVD and work out for a while. In the last two weeks though, I've gotten kind of bored with indoor running. So when my cute friend Natalie agreed to run early in the morning together, I was pretty excited.

Getting up at 5:50 wasn't as bad as I was afraid it would be - but I wonder how I'll feel tonight? I took my handy-dandy new Garmin 205 and was totally pleased with it. I loved being able to stick to a constant pace. Even we ran a little slower, I felt like we did a good distance without crashing halfway through. I even had enough leftover energy to run the last half-mile at a faster pace. I was breathing pretty hard by the end of that, even though my legs felt good so I think I need to work on my cardio fitness more.

When you're finished with your workout, you can download all the information from the watch and see how well you did! I'm a nerd and love graphs so this is perfect for me.

I want to keep ramping up my speed or distance through this month but I haven't decided on a good goal yet.

No comments: