Friday, July 25, 2008

The results

The official times aren't posted yet but I think Joe and I came in at around 35 minutes. We looked at the clock when we crossed the finish line but it was counting the 10K time and not ours and we didn't know exactly when we took off after the 10K start. Sad!

Anyway, I wanted to run the entire thing but I broke down and walked for 30 seconds a few times... especially up the last hill. We did pass a few people here and there and even ran hard on the last stretch and crossed the finish line strong. I really held Joe back but we kept a reasonable pace and I don't feel terribly sore. All in all it was a success. And I got this awesome t-shirt. Too bad it's a youth-large size instead of the size I ordered. Stupid Run13 did not have enough t-shirts for all the competitors. You can imagine that Joe was thrilled when they gave him the same extra-small size shirt as I got. He'll look awesome in it.

Joe is already training for a half-marathon in September. This cartoon (sent to me by Hannah who saw it on Pedalingfast) pretty much sums up how I feel about that.


Incidentally, if you're anxiously counting down the days to the release of "Breaking Dawn", idle your time away with this awesome quiz by my friend Jenny. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I have NOT read the Twilight books yet. I have nothing against fantasy (I waited cheerfully in line with hundreds of other nerds for Deathly Hallows last summer). I don't necessarily dislike vampires and I love me a good romance but... I just can't get going on this one. My mother-in-law warned me that the poor quality of the writing would make me insane. So I cheated and read the Wiki-summary of the first three books to see if I was missing out on anything fantastic. Result: I rolled my eyes so hard I think I dislodged one of them.

Update: the official results were posted today


Your chip time is from when your shoe crosses the start line (you tie a timing chip to your shoe) to when it crosses the finish line, so it's your totally accurate time. Sooooo close to my original goal, I can't believe it! I'm really excited.

1 comment:

Eric and Andrea said...

Hey, at least you can say you;ve done it now right?

I think it's an awesome accomplishment, and things can only get better and easier!

Way to go!

Also, thanks for the thoughts of kindness, it means a lot.

Andrea :-)