Monday, July 21, 2008

In which my love affair with IKEA continues...

Little Man was feeling left out of the room-decorating extravaganza, so I had to look for a new blanket for him. And if you believed that... well you don't know me as well as Joe. He didn't buy it for a second. Actually I wanted another trip to IKEA to check out their clearance fabric. Plus I noticed that Little Man's current sheet set was grungified beyond belief. So this is what he got. I didn't get the quilt insert to put inside the cover. Instead I found a lighter-weight fleece blanket that he already owned and put it inside the quilt cover. Much nicer and free! The IKEA insert just felt too heavy and fluffy - this is a much friendlier blanket for the little guy. Also, because he is not a baby, he doesn't need the cute striped receiving blankets. So I'm turning them into a valance. I need to see if I can cut out the pink stripe...

The clearance fabric section did not disappoint either. Check out these hot mod patterns!
I got the first two and the last one. I'm envisioning a few excellent bags (gifts for special someones) and maybe a fabulous accent pillow or two. First though, Hannah has to teach me how to make said bag. I'm sure we'll both have lots of pictures in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I bought 2 yards of the last one too, before it went on discount. :(
The fabric has just been turned into cushion covers. And I love how they look. I am sure it would look good in the form of bag too!