Sunday, July 13, 2008

More berries

Sadly, I think we've seen the last few strawberries for this year. Berry season should last longer! But if it did, maybe it wouldn't seem quite as exciting and special every year.

Fortunately our raspberries have started getting ripe! We go out and pick them every day - braving the honey bees and getting scratched and scraped to make sure not one ripe berry goes un-picked. Or in the case of my kids... un-eaten!

Lisa is a good berry-picker. She loves to look for the bright red gems among the leaves. She knows to gently pull the berry loose from the cap and place it in our basket. If she can't reach them, she'll at least point them out to me. Bart on the other hand... fingers and lips stained with juice, he will eat right off the bush, not even bothering to pull the berry free. My only hope is that he still can't reach very many and instead follows me around asking "Mommy, I have dat big red one? I have the huge?"

My big dilemma - what to make with these little beauties. I have some lemons... I'm dreaming of shortbread... I'll have to see what I come up with tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

The raspberries look great... the possibilities are endless... good luck with your creations.