Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Super Hero birthday

It's Bart's birthday today! My supa-cool mother-in-law was digging through her basement and found her Wilton cake pans from when her 4 boys were little and she gave them to me!


I think my husband was way more excited than even I was, because he remembers all his Superman and robot cakes that he had for his birthdays and he was thrilled that we have these pans. Also this was really lucky because Bart wants a Batman cake this year. Yay!

So later today I'll be trying to ice a cake into a respectable Batman and use the least amount of pure-black icing. Wish me luck!

Also this was our cake-related discussion this morning. I had to ask him all this over the phone while his dad chased him through the dinosaur museum, so it took much longer than seemed strictly necessary.

Mom: What kind of cake do you want?
Bart: Batman
M: But what flavor?
B: Batman!
What would Batman flavor be? Thinking about it kind of makes me gag.

M: OK.... What color do you want your cake?
B: Vaniwah
Try not to imagine me rolling my eyeballs until they rattle themselves loose.

M: Do you want white vanilla or yellow vanilla?
B: Yeh-wo vaniwah Batman cake.
M: Done.

5 comments:

Carina said...

This is SO COOL!

And I may ask to borrow it someday. Be forewarned.

jeri said...

You are very welcome to. I knew you would love its retro-coolness. I also have the 1978 spaceman/robot pan.

Scott&Janae said...

Happy Birthday Bart! I love you and hope that you have a great time!
I am super excited for Bart to have a cool cake. Your an awesome mom!

FoxyJ said...

That is totally cool! And I was going to ask if I could borrow it since I've got a little boy turning four in a few months :) Maybe I should borrow it again for my husband's birthday in November, since he owns several bookcases full of comic books...

Valerie S said...

I laughed out loud when I saw that cake pan. I make my now 34 year old son that cake when he was little. Your post totally brought back fun memories! The whole party looked fun.