Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Tradition 1 - Elf on the Shelf

Only a few days until Christmas! I hope that you are getting things wrapped up and enjoying the holiday season. I thought that I would share a few of our family Christmas traditions this week.

Last year Jenny told me about this fabulous book - Elf on the Shelf. It's the story of the elves that Santa sends to watch over you during the Christmas season. Every night he tells Santa how good you have been. And every morning he hides in a new spot in the house! At Christmas, he will go back to the North Pole with Santa and be back next year!

Link
The set comes with the elf story book as well as your very own elf. My kids are the perfect age for this tradition - they have been so excited to have an elf living here. Our elf is named Buddy (creative, I know) and they love talking to him and looking for him each morning when they wake up. I have even heard them whispering to each other "let's not do that! Buddy is watching and will tell Santa!"

2 comments:

Scott&Janae said...

Darcy told me about the elf that comes to visit you at your house. Sounds like a lot of fun!

The Browers said...

This year is the first time I have heard about this. I will have to get this and add it to our Christmas traditions next year.